Awards for Students
With a view to ensuring quality improvement, the following awards/incentives were introduced by various departments from Academic Session 2003-04.
- Cash award of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees one thousand) each will be given to the students securing highest marks (minimum B Grade) in each Major subject in the B.A. Final Examination. If there is no Major student in a particular subject the award will go to the sutdent securing highest marks (minimum B Grade) in that subject offered as general subject. These awards will be sponsored by the respective Departments of the College.
- Late Abdul Wahab Talukdar Memorial Cash Award of Rs. 1000 (Rupees One Thousand) will be given to the student securing highest aggregate marks (minimum 70%) in H.S. Final Examination.
- Cash award of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees One thousand) will be given to the student securing highest aggregate marks (Minimum 60%) in H.S. First year Examination.
- Cash award of Rs. 1000!- (Rupees One thousand) will be given to the student securing highest marks in Economics offered as Major subject in the 2nd, the 4th & 6th semesters.
- Late Hazi Maju Sheikh and Late Abdus Samad Memorial cash incentive of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees one thousand) will be given to ten students offering Mathematics as a general subject in T.D.C. Classes. The beneficiaries of these incentives will be selected on the basis of a qualifying test to be held by the Deptt. of Mathematics. These Cash incentives will be sponsored by Abdur Rahman, Asstt. Professor., Deptt. Of Mathematics.
- From this academic session, a prize entitled the “Best Library User’ will be provided to a student who followed the Library rules and regulations like discipline, regularity, time consumed in library etc. at the end of every academic session.
There are provisions for the following Scholarships subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria:
- National Merit scholarship.
- State Merit Scholarship.
- Post Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC Students.
- Scholarship for Physically Handicapped Students.
- Merit cum means scholarship for the students’ of Minority Community.
Students Aid Fund
Financial assistance is granted to the poor and needy students out of the Students Aid Fund which is formed by raising a compulsory contribution from the students of this college. Such assistance is given annually on receiving application from the deserving students subject to availability of funds.
Students can obtain more information about the grants from the Principal, Kharupetia College.